This is a collection of short in-character fiction pieces about Awakened Industries, a group of capsuleers and their crews living in the enigmatic and dangerous regions of Wormhole Space in EVE Online. None of the protagonists are actual characters or corporations in-game. All similarities with persons fictional or real are possibly coincidental and only sometimes intentional. - Emergent Patroller

For an introduction to this blog refer to this link. You may also want to check out the guide for new readers

Warning
: The stories on this blog contain mature themes involving sexuality and violence and are not suitable for minors or sensitive people.

23 Nov 2011

OOC Entry 1 - Introduction

The seed to this blog was laid when I thought up a story while I idly scanned a neighbouring wormhole and did my best to occupy my mind during that rather less exciting task. Quite a few of my corpmates liked the story I published on our internal forum and asked for more. Eventually I decided to stop flooding our forum with new stories that kept pouring out of my imagination, so that's when I started this blog.

In the meantime I not only written stories here, but also all kinds of random thoughts on EVE that were running around in my mind like caged squirrels. Most recently I have convinced an old RL friend who also plays EVE to write for my blog. He is quite different from me. First of all he is a guy, but spart from that he has spent most of his EVE life in nullsec and is currently living in lowsec doing "|337 PVP" and Faction Warfare. Things I have never done except for my short time with Noir and Black Legion.

If you have taken a close look, you will notice that all the story posts are going backwards in time with their dates. The reason for this is, that the blogger interface otherwise displays them in reverse order (Part 3 before Part 2 etc)
Of course that makes it a bit confusing in case you follow the blog (all the dates are wrong) So I decided to add OOC (Out Of Character) entries which will be at their correct respective dates. This way you can see whether I am still active if you follow this blog.

Enfin, I would love to read comments from readers. Don't hold back with criticism either. (as long as it's constructive) I know I am not a professional writer, and English is actually a second language for me, so I am sure some things aren't quite right, but I sure would like to improve. Both for my own and your enjoyment.

The Sleepers have awakened!

No comments:

Post a Comment