This is a collection of short in-character fiction pieces about Awakened Industries, a group of capsuleers and their crews living in the enigmatic and dangerous regions of Wormhole Space in EVE Online. None of the protagonists are actual characters or corporations in-game. All similarities with persons fictional or real are possibly coincidental and only sometimes intentional. - Emergent Patroller

For an introduction to this blog refer to this link. You may also want to check out the guide for new readers

Warning
: The stories on this blog contain mature themes involving sexuality and violence and are not suitable for minors or sensitive people.

18 Jan 2014

OOC Entry 104 - The next chapter

I hoped I would be finished with the beginning of the next story before my overenthusiastic new blog partner came up with his next post, but he beat me to it by a few hours.

For the opening of this new story arc I decided to dedicate some time to Shisei, because he is one of my least used protagonists. The quiet types who have no serious drama surrounding them are always the most difficult to write about.

One of my long-time readers once commented that he found Shisei "too scientific" or something like that (I am too lazy to search for the comment.)

In my mind he is not like that at all. While he is of course a scientist and a Caldari Achura, I always thought of him as a deeply philosophical - even spiritual - sort of character.

In this opening episode I tried to work out that aspect of the character as he is seen through the eyes of a man who thinks capsuleers are basically a bunch of spoiled children with sociopathic tendencies.

The end of the episode then ties in with the larger narrative, and I am challenging every reader who has followed the story so far to get the hints and tell me what is going on there. To me it all flows from past stories and I am wondering how obvious I am being there.

In any case, if you are not the sort of reader who enjoys character expose, I can tell you that things are going to get interesting pretty quickly now.

No comments:

Post a Comment