This is a collection of short in-character fiction pieces about Awakened Industries, a group of capsuleers and their crews living in the enigmatic and dangerous regions of Wormhole Space in EVE Online. None of the protagonists are actual characters or corporations in-game. All similarities with persons fictional or real are possibly coincidental and only sometimes intentional. - Emergent Patroller

For an introduction to this blog refer to this link. You may also want to check out the guide for new readers

Warning
: The stories on this blog contain mature themes involving sexuality and violence and are not suitable for minors or sensitive people.

10 Jan 2012

OOC Entry 10 - Picking up the pieces

After some deliberation I finally wrote the next piece. I wanted to do two things: Provide a more personal view of the last character I have not done an expose on, and set the stage for a recovery from the tragic events of the last story.

In a way, that results in a transitional short piece which is written mostly in the form of a recorded personal journal, only at the end it turns back to the usual 'omniscient observer' sort of narrative.

I hope that those of you who like to read action-packed stories or pieces with lots of suspense and twists will forgive me for this subdued interlude. I found it necessary to come up with something that offers a perspective for the characters to pick up the pieces from the previous events and be able to move on.

With that being said, I'll return to more dramatic content for the next one, I promise.

Oh, and it has come to my attention that this is my 10th story and coincides with the 10th OOC entry. I guess one could say that is some sort of milestone, especially when considering that all of the characters have had their big moments now. It almost feels like the conclusion of a season in a TV series where the last episode usually ends with some dramatic event, and the viewer is left wondering what will happen after that. Well, at least I can tell you that is how I felt. I genuinely did wonder what would happen next.

By now I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment